Now that the air is warm and the sun is shining brightly, it’s the perfect time to spend quality time in your backyard. Wouldn’t be nice if you could spend even more time there? Adding an outdoor kitchen to your outdoor patio or deck area will increase the time you can spend in your backyard this summer. You’ll make lasting memories as you enjoy your new space cooking fantastic meals and entertaining your family and guests.
Your outdoor kitchen will be a reflection of your design tastes and your lifestyle. Answering these questions will help you narrow down the design and features of your outdoor kitchen:
- How many guests will you regularly entertain? Having adequate seating for all your guests is as important as having a large enough cooking area. Also take into consideration whether the seating will need to be covered, spread around the backyard instead of concentrated in the kitchen area, or both.
- Will you be mixing & serving your guests drinks? If the answer is yes, then a bar area will be critical aspect of your outdoor kitchen. Don’t forget to determine whether you will want the bar seating to be movable or stationery such as a fixed bench.
- Will you be cooking family meals regularly? If yes, you may need to include a cooktop, larger refrigerator, sink or even an oven. And, don’t forget cabinets for storing cooking accessories, plates, glasses, etc.
- Will you want to enjoy media in your outdoor kitchen? If yes, you will want to include an outdoor media center including a television, sound system, computer station, etc.
Now that you have made decisions about the major elements of your outdoor kitchen area, here are some more elements that may want to include that are not critical to the design but can be nice touches:
- Pergolas and other coverings to keep you cool while you cook
- Fireplace and/or fire pit
- Misters for those really hot summer day
- Ceiling fans to keep you cool all summer long
- Gas patio heaters so you can enjoy your outdoor kitchen during the colder months
- Specialty and mood lighting
Creating an outdoor kitchen area for your Denver home can be a fun and exciting process. Alpine Companies can help you create the perfect outdoor oasis that works within your design tastes and your budget. Contact Alpine Companies for your free outdoor kitchen estimate today 303-797-8908.