For most of us living in Denver, we can see as many as five of our neighbors from our backyards. And, if you do not have a privacy fence installed, they can see you too! They are many reasons to want privacy in your backyard:
- Create a cozier backyard environment
- Obscure or hide our daily activities and entertaining from neighbors who may be watching
- Confine a large dog or other pets inside your backyard
- A safe play environment for your children
- A noise barrier from noisy neighbors, parks and roads
No matter what the reason, a privacy fence can be a functional and esthetically pleasing addition to your Denver backyard. Privacy fences are typically between 4 and 6 feet tall, should have no space between the boards (to reduce visibility) and are constructed from wood or vinyl.
- Wood fences will stand up well to the strong winds we experience in Denver. They also act as wind screen for your yard.
- Wood privacy fences come in many beautiful patterns. The shadow box pattern (pictured at right) is the most installed wood fence in Denver.
- Once installed, wood privacy fences can be stained a variety of colors, from clear coat to a dark redwood.
- Wood fence posts will last much longer and are extremely durable if they’re set in concrete; we’ll ask your building department where you live for their standards for fence posts, but we always recommend fence post set in concrete.
- Wood privacy fences should be installed approximately 4 inches inside your property line, or installed in the same place as the old fence whenever you’re replacing an old fence.
Vinyl Privacy Fences
- Vinyl privacy fences are can be distinctively different from their wood counterparts. This gives you the opportunity to have a privacy fence that stands out from your neighbors.
- Vinyl fencing is available in wood fence textures and styles like picket fences, ranch fences, slatted fences, etc. The choices are endless, so let your imagination run wild when choosing vinyl fences.
- Vinyl fencing is extremely easy to maintain and will give you years of worry free service. Soap and water once a year is all that’s needed to maintain a vinyl fence.
Be sure to check with your HOA before you install a privacy fence in your Denver backyard. Many HOA’s have rules and regulations regarding the size, pattern and color of fencing.
Installing a privacy fence can be large project for any homeowner. Alpine Companies has installed thousands of fences in Denver yards for over 40 years. If you need help designing and installing your privacy fence, give Alpine Companies a call today at 303-797-8908 for a free estimate. Or, click here to contact us via email.